The promoter of this prize draw (“Competition”) is wagamama Limited (company number 02605751) with its registered address at 76 Wardour Street, London W1F 0UR (“we”, “our”, “us”, or “wagamama”).
We are running the Competition in collaboration with Asahi UK Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales (Registration Number 05320470) whose registered address is at Asahi UK Ltd (“Asahi”) and BravoNext S.A., a Swiss company (company registration number 9399258), whose registered address is at Vicolo de' Calvi, 2, 6830, Chiasso, Switzerland (“lastminute.com”). If you want any information about the Competition or about these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) you should contact wagamama.
1. By entering the Competition you have the opportunity to win a one week trip to Japan with one guest of your choice (who must be over 18 on the date of travel) during March or April 2020 (the “Prize”). The Prize includes:
- return travel to Tokyo, Japan for you and your guest via aeroplane (economy class) from London airports only;
- 7 nights’ accommodation in a 4* hotel for 2 people; and
- ground return transfers in Tokyo between the airport and hotel.
2. The maximum retail value of the Prize is £3000.
3. The winner will receive confirmation of their win in an email from wagamama, which will contain a unique code and a link to a dedicated booking site: https://book.lastminute.com/. Once on the dedicated booking site, the winner will need to enter their unique code for verification, and once submitted a registration form will open.
In order to claim the Prize, the winner will need to complete this registration form, to create their reservation request. Details include: full name, email address, telephone number, three different departure dates, chosen departure airport (in London), the age of the passengers. Once the form is completed, the winner clicks the ‘send your booking request’ button in order to confirm their preferences. The winner will be contacted within 5 working days by a member of the lastminute.com booking team regarding the best options for their trip.
- Direct flights are not guaranteed to your selected destination, and in-direct flights may be offered, subject to availability. Flight tickets are valid from London airports only. Check-in luggage may not be included in your flight ticket, as per the individual ticket fare rules, which will be made available to you at the time of booking.
- lastminute.com will always offer the best available option, but alternative travel dates may be discussed.
- Should the winner wish to travel with additional passengers or add any additional services, a supplement to cover the additional cost can be paid by credit card.
- Resort fees and local taxes are charged by local governments or hotel operators, and are mandatory. These fees are not included in the Prize, and must be paid separately to the hotel upon arrival. All taxes/fees are payable in the hotel’s local currency.
- Confirmation is subject to the package being available on the winner’s chosen travel dates.
- The offers are the same as offered by lastminute.com group properties.
- The booking should be completed at least 60 days in advance of the preferred travel dates. All bookings must be made by 23/02/2020 and travel has to be completed by 30/04/2020. All travel excluded during different dates and holidays..
- The voucher is valid for one booking only. Once it has been used, it won’t be possible to use it again or receive any leftover credit.
- The winner may request cancellation of the Flight + Hotel package booked. In this case, the value of the voucher code will be lost and the winner will not be able to re-schedule his/her trip. Neither the wagamama nor lastminute.com shall provide any reimbursement for the value of the voucher code lost or a new voucher code.
- In case of cancellation of a flight by the airline company, lastminute.com will provide a suitable alternative flight for the winner without additional cost.
- The voucher cannot be sold, combined with other discounts, promotions or cashback activities.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable, and non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- Once the voucher has been issued it is solely the responsibility of the participant to ensure they secure and redeem it accordingly. Neither the promoter nor lastminute.com shall be held liable in the event of lost, stolen or unclaimed vouchers etc.
4. The Competition is open from 00.01 on 6 March 2019 until 23.59 on 7 May 2019. Your entry must be received during this period in order to be considered and we cannot accept responsibility for any entry which is late, lost or incomplete.
Who can enter
5. The Competition is open to residents of the UK (excluding Northern Ireland) aged eighteen or over on the opening date of the Competition.
6. wagamama employees, their families or agents; wagamama affiliated companies; Asahi employees, their families or agents; lastminute.com employees, their families or agents or any other person connected with the Competition may not enter.
7. We may ask you to verify your eligibility to enter.
8. By entering this Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and that our decision is final and binding in all matters relating to this Competition. If you fail to comply with these Terms your entry will automatically be void.
How to enter
9. There is no entrance fee to enter the Competition but you will need an Instagram account and you will need to visit and eat at a wagamama restaurant.
11. We will not accept Competition entries that are automatically generated by computer, completed by third parties or in bulk, or incomplete. There is a limit of one entry to the Competition per person. We reserve all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition.
12. Your entry must be original and created by you. It must not contain: (a) material that violates or infringes a third party’s rights, including privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights; (b) material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes any kind of discrimination; and/or (c) material that violates or is contrary to the applicable law.
Choosing a Winner
13. The Competition entries will be judged by a panel who will look for the most original and creative entry from among those who have entered the Competition in line with these Terms. The decision of the panel will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. We will notify the winner on Instagram on 8 May 2019. If the winner does not respond within 24 hours of us sending the notification or is not available between to travel in March or April 2020, we reserve the right to select an alternative entrant to receive the Prize.
15. Any Prize details not specified will be determined by wagamama in its sole discretion. There are no cash alternatives. The Prize must be accepted as offered, is non-transferable and is subject to availability. Sale or exchange of any part of any of the Prize is strictly prohibited. wagamama reserves the right to withdraw or make void any and all prize elements if these Terms are not complied with. Your participation in any or all activities comprising the Prize is voluntary. If you elect not to participate in any or all designated activities comprising the Prize, you will not be afforded any compensation.
16. You acknowledge that departure dates and times for the Prize are subject to availability and at the sole discretion of wagamama. Certain restrictions may apply. Insurance and all other costs and expenses not mentioned above are your responsibility. All travel must be completed on the dates specified, or the Prize will be forfeited.
17. wagamama makes no representation in relation to the suitability, condition, or safety of the Prize. You acknowledge that participation in the Prize may involve risks and dangers of accidents, personal and bodily injury and property loss or damage. You understand and have considered and evaluated the nature, scope and extent of the risks involved, and voluntarily and freely choose to assume these risks. wagamama does not provide any insurance, whether travel or life or medical or liability, for any illness, accident, injury, loss or damage that may arise in connection with your participation in the Prize.
Ownership of Competition entries and Intellectual Property Rights
18. All Competition entries will become the property of wagamama.
19. You hereby assign all of your right, title and interest in your entry, including all associated copyright and exploitation rights, to wagamama. wagamama may use the entry with or without using your name, in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party. By making an entry and taking part in the Competition you agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorise any action, claim, or lawsuit against wagamama or any other person associated with the Competition, on the grounds that any use of the entry, or any derivative works, infringes any of your rights, including, without limitation, copyrights and moral rights. You further acknowledge that wagamama is in no way obligated to publish or use your entry in any way.
Rules for entry
20. By submitting a Competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms
21. Except as described above, no further expenses incurred by the winner or their guest in connection with the Prize will be payable.
22. The winner and/or their guest may be required to sign a release or waiver form from wagamama prior to taking part in the Prize.
23. The name and county/town of the winner(s) will be available for one month after the Competition closing date. If you wish to find out the identity of the chosen winner(s) please send a stamped addressed envelope to: WINNERS, Hanami Competition, 76 Wardour Street, London W1F 0UR.
24. Winners agree to take part in any publicity accompanying or resulting from the Prize without further recompense.
25. We may refuse to accept any entry and/or to select a winning entry at our absolute discretion.
26. We may alter, amend or withdraw this Competition or the Prize without prior notice in the event that circumstances outside of our reasonable control make this unavoidable.
27. We do not accept responsibility for (i) lost entries, or network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry; (ii) any postponement or cancellation of the Competition; (iii) any loss, changes to, postponement of, or use of the Prize, (iv) any act or default of any third party supplier, which is outside of our reasonable control, (v) any act or default of lastminute.com or Asahi in relation to the Competition, the Prize or otherwise. lastminute.com is solely responsible for honouring the Prize and for dealing with and resolving all winner enquiries or complaints in respect of the same. lastminute.com does not release any representation and warranty, express or unvoiced, with respect to of the available products on its websites and to the proper supply of the transport services by the company’s airlines or the accommodations offered by suppliers.
28. Insofar as is permitted by law, wagamama, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of wagamama, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
29. If you are the winner of the Competition, you agree that wagamama may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this Competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
31. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You understand and agree that, by entering the Competition, you are providing your information to wagamama and not to Instagram. By entering this Competition, you release Instagram from any action or claim arising out of the Competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Competition must be directed to wagamama, not Instagram.
32. This Competition, including these Terms, are governed by the laws of England and Wales and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to any dispute arising under or in connection with the Competition and/or these Terms.