wagamamastars star swap
no purchase necessary. a purchase will not increase your chances of winning
2. game period. a new game begins on the first day of each month at 6:00 a.m. greenwich mean time ("gmt") and ends on the last day of every month at 5:59:59 a.m. gmt (each a "game period"). wagamama’s computer server is the official time-keeping device for this game.
3. how to enter. to enter the game, you must download the wagamamastars app (“app”) and become a member of the wagamamastars loyalty program. there is no cost for the app or to join wagamamastars. for details, go to terms and conditions. once a member, there are two ways to take part:
stars earned from purchases. for each [£10 in the UK/ $15 in the USA] you spend on food and drink through the app, you’ll earn a star which you can then choose to save to redeem for food or drink or swap to try to win a prize through the game. if you choose to swap your stars, you will receive one spin. you are limited to one spin per transaction.
free stars. you may also obtain a star without making any purchase by hand-writing clearly and legibly in block capitals on a piece of plain paper the word "star", your first and last name, email address and postal address (including postcode/ zip code), before signing your name and sending the paper in a stamped, handwritten envelope addressed to wagamama, 76 wardour street, soho, london W1F 0UR. you will be sent a code to put into the app which will give you a free star. you will be allocated no more than one star a day via this method and this star can either be added to your saved stars balance or swapped to try to win a prize. you may use only one free star for entry into the game per day. free stars are eligible for use to redeem food or drink items
any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of plays by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will void your stars and you may be disqualified from further participation. wagamama is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid or misdirected registrations or game play, which will be disqualified. in the event of a dispute as to any registration or game play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant in the game. the “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
4. selection of winner. wagamamastars winners will be selected, at random by computer, during each game period from the prizes available. not every attempt will win a prize. your receipt of a prize is contingent upon your compliance with these official rules. in the event that a potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, the prize will not be awarded.
5. prizes. during each game period, the following prizes are available to be won:
a free main and side of your choice x 10
a free main of your choice x 50
a free side of your choice x 75
a free juice of your choice x 150
a free bowl of edamame x 250
entry into our monthly prize draw to win a wagamama gift card to the value of £100/$150
all prizes are non-transferable and no substitution or cash equivalent will be made except as provided in wagamama’s sole discretion. wagamama reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize.
6. publicity release. except where prohibited by law, participation in the game constitutes winner’s consent to wagamama and its agents’ use of winner’s name, city, state and country for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further consent, approval, payment or consideration.
7. general terms and conditions. wagamama reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the game, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the game, as determined by wagamama in its sole discretion. in such event, wagamama reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible plays made up to the time of the impairment. these official rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in writing by an authorized representative of wagamama. wagamama reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the game or to be acting in violation of the official rules. wagamama’s failure to enforce any provision of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. release of liability. by receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless wagamama and its affiliates and their officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “released parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the game or receipt, use or misuse of any prize, or any publicity relating to the winner.
9. limitation of liability. the released parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with the game; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in communications networks, computer networks, hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the game; (4) technical or human error which occurs in the administration of the game; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the game or receipt, use or misuse of any prize. if for any reason your play is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, your sole remedy is another play in the game, if possible. no more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. in the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these official rules to be available and/or claimed, wagamama reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
10. law and dispute resolution. except where prohibited, you agree that: (1) all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or related to the game or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state or federal court with applicable jurisdiction in boston, massachusetts; (2) all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this game, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. if you are a u.s. citizen, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of you and wagamama in connection with the game, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of massachusetts.
for users in the uk: the laws of England and Wales apply to these terms and any non-contractual obligation arising out of or in connection with these terms. you and wagamama irrevocably agree that the courts of the country in which you reside shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these terms or their subject matter or formation. alternatively, you may raise the dispute with an alternative dispute resolution body via the EU Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) Platform.
In the UK: wagamama, 76 wardour st, london, w1f 0ur
In the US: wagamama, 401 park avenue south,10th floor, new york, NY 10016
© wagamama ltd 2016.